A dirty little secret many sewing fans have is a huge fabric stash. We just can’t help it! You walk into the fabric store and there are colors and patters and fabric galore and you can’t help but want to buy it all! Thus, you end up with a whole lotta fabric.
The best thing is that there are so many fun little things you can make with your fabric stash… things to keep, things to give, the possibilities are endless! Here are some of my favorite stash-busting projects!
1. Kleenex Pocket Pack Cover – Fun With Barb and Mary
2. 5 minute Kleenex Holder – Sew Creative Blog
3. Pocket Tissue Holder – Skip to my Lou
4. Tissue Box Cover– Design Sponge
5. Kleenex Holder (with Button!)- mmmcrafts
6. Fabric Scrap Key Chains– Craftiness is not optional
7. Lip Balm Key Ring Case– Sew4Home
8. Cash Stasher Key Chain– Joy’s Jots, Shots and Whatnots (options for embroidery and regular machines!)
9. Key Chain Tutorial– Stitches and Ditches
10. Teeny Tiny Zipper Pouch Keyring– So Sew Easy
Clutches and Bags
11. Envelope Clutch– TutsPlus
12. Elegant Wristlet and Clutch Handbag– Positively Splended
13. Simple Party Clutch– Sew Mama Sew
14. Bridesmaids’ Clutch– Sew4Home (requires a clutch frame)
15. Wallet-Clutch Tutorial– The Ribbon Retreat
Scarves and Cowls
16. Infinity Scarf– Fabric Mart Fashions
17. Edged Liberty Scarves– The Purl Bee
18. American Apparel Circle Scarf Knockoff– Come On, Ilene!
19. Patricia Infinity Cowl– Art Gallery Fabrics
20. Cowl Neck Scarf– So, Zo, what do you know?
21. DIY Fabric Necklaces that Cost Marbles– How Does She?
22. Rosette Necklace Tutorial– Everything Etsy
23. Fabric Flower Bib Necklace- Johwey
24. No-Sew Braided Fabric Necklace– The Crafty Blog Stalker
25. Stiffened Fabric Pendant– Crafty Pod
There you have it! Hope this encourages you to get to bustin’!
Until Next Time!